Students in our Junior High (grades seven and eight) participate in an elective program. Each elective opportunity is a semester long and students are able to choose which area of interest suits them best.
The choices for electives are:
- T.A.P. (Teacher Assistant Program), students who choose T.A.P. assist a teacher in Preschool thru 6th and perform duties set by the teacher.
- Outreach – students visit the elderly at a nursing home on a weekly basis, establish a rapport, and participate in activities with the elderly.
- Yearbook – students choose pictures and captions, they learn cropping and layout techniques, and are the creators of the yearbook with direction from their instructor.
- Art – Our art elective class provides students with in-depth lessons on the techniques and styles of several masters, such as impressionism, pointillism, and abstract art. Through the use of various materials and tools, the students are able to develop their own style as they create their work.
- Technology – Graphics design using Adobe Design Suite (Photo Shop for photography, Flash for animation). Web design using Dreamweaver, and I-Life (I-photo, I-movie and Garage Band).
- Drama – Drama students put on a musical production. Students are involved as actors, stage crew, set design, lighting and sound. For more information contact the school office at 805-967-2115 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.